Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a “Modular Counter System”?
A modular counter system, like a fancy set of interlocking building blocks, uses pre-configured modules of straight and curved counter blocks to create a retail food counter of almost any shape and configuration, customizable down to the last inch for overall length. We do not measure and cut, as many counter providers in the US do – we measure and configure, then fabricate off-site to fit.
2. What does a Modular Counter System have to do with Oscartielle Display Cases?
Artic and iBar counter systems are designed to have Oscartielle display cases integrated into them. The cases and counters can be trimmed and set into matching colors as part of a greater overall retail foodservice furniture system.
3. What applications does such a system apply to?
The Artic and iBar systems are focused on foodservice and are frequently chosen for use in: cafés, coffee bars, pastry and chocolate shops, and other retail settings where food is served over a counter.
4. How does the system work?
By dealing with an architect or one of our resellers, an end-user can have a counter system custom designed to fit their needs. Once the physical layout is complete, the end-user selects a finish to go on the underlying modules, which are shared and common to all available finishes. Once the finish is decided upon, the selection of colors is next.
5. What color choices are there?
Different Finish Systems have different options, but there are:
- 204 standard colors available in painted finishes. Custom-mixed colors are also available.
- 30+ wood veneers and laminates in most popular woodgrains.
- Zelig line has large square “tiles” that come in 9 different patterns and a variety of colors and can be backlit.
- 32 choices of stone in Italian Marble, Granite, and Manufactured Stone in a variety of colors.
6. What is the stone for?
All counter Finish Systems have stone counters complimented with matching stone kick panels (called a plinth) at the bottom.
7. Are there differences in price from one design to another?
Yes. Obviously with more linear feet of counter the cost increases. Other variables include the following:
Price Points vary by category of Finish System:
- JET SET
JET SET Finish Systems are top of the line with EXECUTIVE being above VIP.
Options & Accessories: – almost everyone wants accessories! These can range from:
- Built in POS cash-register tills (that can be used with cash systems supplied by others)
- Espresso machine stations
- Mirrored decorative wall shelving above the rear counter
- Magazine racks
- Waste bins
- Sneeze guards
- Wine bottle chillers
See the ACCESSORIES page for a partial listing of the MANY options available!
8. Are some of these systems illuminated?
YES! Many of the JET SET and a few of the others feature built-in illumination. People often choose illuminated units to add sizzle to a space that is prominently visible after hours when the task lights are out and future customers may be passing by the plate-glass window and noting that such an establishment is worth a visit in the future. Setting the mood and tone for customers as they evaluate your space to begin with can set the stage for a wonderful experience after they have arrived and are interacting with the staff and the store’s offerings.
9. How do I find out more about Modular Counters?
Contact us for a referral to a dealer or foodservice consultant, or have your architect, dealer, or consultant contact us. With measurements of your space (preferably in AutoCAD, but not required), we can work with them to generate accurate floor plans and a quotation. We are happy to help if you click the CONTACT US button.